- Tiffen 82mm Variable Neutral Density Filter (TIVND82)
- Black Nylon Pouch (MR-FP)
The 82mm Variable Neutral Density Filter from Tiffen offers a unique way of maintaining total control over your depth of field as well as presenting an efficient way to create some special effects.
All-in-One ND Filter
The Tiffen Variable Neutral Density Filter’s built-in rotating ring allows neutral density filtration ranging from 2 to 8 stops, effectively eliminating the need for multiple different Full ND filters.
Thin 9mm Profile Ring
The wide front filter ring helps to reduce vignetting when used with ultra-wide-angle lenses.
The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the color and density of their filters. Special effects filter characteristics with much higher accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations. In this way, Tiffen can better control their filter's various densities and create more exact filtration.
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses:
1. To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high-speed ISOs, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
2. To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, separate subjects from their background
3. To reduce the effective ISO of high-speed film (above ISO 400) and be used outdoors in bright situation
4. To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other vivid scenes which could cause overexposure