Specifications Front Lens Diameter Fits: 4.3-4.5" (110-115 mm) Type Clamp-on Filter Type 4 x 5.65" (101.6 x 143.5 mm) Total F...View full details
Specifications Front Lens Diameter Fits: 3.5-3.7" (90-95 mm) Type Clamp-on Filter Type 4 x 5.65" (101.6 x 143.5 mm) Total Fil...View full details
- Tiffen 4 x 5.6" (4mm thick) DV Select Neutral Density 0.6 Filter (TIDVSK45ND)
The 4 × 5.6” DV Select Neutral-Density 0.6 Filter is a high-quality glass filter made by Tiffen.
Often it is necessary or desirable to balance the light intensity in one part of a scene with another. This is especially true in situations where you don't have total light control, as in bright contrasty landscapes. Exposing for the foreground will produce a washed-out, over-exposed sky while exposing for the sky will leave the foreground dark and under-exposed. This filter enables cloud detail to be kept correctly exposed in the picture.
Determining which graduated neutral density filter yields ideal results for any given lighting situation takes knowledge, experience and a collection of such filters. Choose the filter strength which adjusts the lighting to stay within the exposure latitude (greatest difference between bright/dark values) which still shows details in both of the digital or film medium in use.
Neutral Density Filters Have 4 Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- Sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure