- Test Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens (CA5012LEF)
- Test B+W 72mm Protective Filter (FL-72)
- Test Lens Hood
- Test Lens Front Cap
- Test Lens Rear Cap
- Test Lens Pouch (MR-LP)
Clearly distinguished by its bright maximum aperture, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM is a normal-length L-series prime also sporting a robust physical design and advanced optical layout. The impressively fast f/1.2 maximum aperture affords a great degree of control over depth of field for isolating subjects and producing desirable selective focus effects. Complementing these qualities is a sophisticated optical composition, which includes one aspherical element to suppress spherical aberrations in order to achieve notable sharpness and clarity. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to limit flare and ghosting and promote greater contrast and color accuracy in a variety of lighting conditions. Complementing the imaging attributes, a ring-type USM is employed to deliver quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control.
- Normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Exceptionally bright f/1.2 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- One aspherical element helps to suppress spherical aberrations and distortion for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.