Specifications Materia Nylon, Polyurethane, Tricot Type of Closure Cinch, Strap Maximum Lens Diameter 5.5" / 14.0 cm Shoe-Mount Flash Comp...View full details
- Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens for Nikon F
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Tripod Mount
- 77mm Lens Hood (LH-77)
- B+W 77mm Protective Filter (FL-77)
- Lens Pouch (MR-LP)
The Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD G2 for Nikon is a fast-aperture telephoto lens for FX and DX F-mount cameras. It’s an update to the Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD. It is characterized by its bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture that benefits working in low-light conditions and affords consistent performance throughout the entire zoom range.
The 23-element/17-group optical design incorporates one XLD (extra-low dispersion) and five LD (low dispersion) elements to help minimize chromatic aberrations across the entire zoom range while maximizing clarity and sharpness. Both eBAND and BBAR coatings reduce ghosting and lens flare to improve performance. The Rounded nine-blade electromagnetic diaphragm is used for more precise and consistent exposure control, especially when shooting at high continuous shooting rates and also contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
The USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) ring-type motor ensures excellent focusing speed and accuracy. The Full-time Manual Focus override allows you to make fine adjustments while using AF. This lens has a 3.1-foot minimum focusing distance.
VC Image Stabilization
The built-in VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops, allowing you effective hand-held shooting in low-light conditions. Three distinct VC modes best fit your shooting styles: Mode 1 promotes a stabilized viewfinder image & stabilized results; Mode 2 is designed for panning movements; and Mode 3 only stabilizes during capture, and doesn’t stabilize the viewfinder image.
The 70-200 f/2.8 has a curved metal barrel for easy handling and both the zoom and focus rings are textured for improved grip. A sealed, dust- and moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing. A removable rotating tripod collar features an Arca-type compatible foot and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
Movri Canada, providing the mail-delivery system, is set out to make the gear available at more affordable prices through online rentals.
- The Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 105-300mm equivalent focal length range.
- It is Compatible with optional Nikon TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.
- This lens is a good choice for sports photography, portraiture, event photography and low-light shooting.
- This lens is only compatible with select Nikon F-mount cameras that support an electromagnetic diaphragm, including the D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D300, D300s, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D800E, D810, D810A, D3x, D4, D4S, Df, D500, and D5 DSLRs.